Freeman Forum
last 13 years to

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Freeman Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-08-2018 04:26:44    Onderwerp: last 13 years to Reageren met citaat
NEW YORK, March 15 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. dollar ended lower against other major currencies on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve's decision to raise interest rates for the second time in three months.

"In view of realized and expected labor market conditions and inflation," the central bank decided to raise the target range for the federal funds rate by 25 basis points to 0.75-1.0 percent, the Fed's policy-making committee said in a statement released after its two-day meeting on Wednesday.

Analysts said that since rate-hike was widely expected by the market, investors remained cautious about the future rate-hikes this year, given the uncertainty with the Trump administration's fiscal policy.

The dollar index, which measures the greenback against six major peers, was down 0.65 percent at 101.040 in late trading.

In late New York trading, the euro rose to 1.0683 dollars from 1.0620 dollars in the previous session, and the British pound climbed to 1.2261 dollars from 1.2164 U.S. dollars in the previous session. The Australian dollar increased to 0.7657 U.S. dollar from 0.7568 U.S. dollar.

The U.S. dollar bought 113.87 Japanese yen, lower than 114.66 yen of the previous session. The U.S. dollar fell to 1.0031 Swiss francs from 1.0092 Swiss francs, and it edged down to 1.3369 Canadian dollars from 1.3485 Canadian dollars.

BEIJING Alex Iafallo Jersey , March 14 (Xinhua) -- World champion Shi Tingmao, Olympic titlist He Chong and He ZiChen Aisen pocketed three more gold medals on the second day of the FINANVC Diving World Series 2015 here on Saturday.

In the women's 3m springboard, Shi Tingmao took the lead from the beginning and beat her favorite teammate He Zi, winning her first individual victory at the World Series in 389.60 points. He Zi finished second in 372.90 and Pamela Ware of Canada third in 335.25.

Shi, who won many women's 3m synchro springboard golds with four-time Olympic champion Wu Minxia in international events in recent years, performed solid and clear entries in all five dives and earned a game-high 80.60 for her fourth round 107C.

"My trademark is the entry while I am still weak in some other aspects comparing with the others elite divers. I just performed my best today, better than what I did during training. I feel excited on the springboard. I am also more confident than before because I cherish every competition and learn from the competition," Shi said.

In the men's 3m springboard final, Beijing Olympic champion He Chong overcame up-and-downs in his first four dives and earned 551.50 for the gold medal, beating Cao Yuan and Patrick Hausding of Germany 520.00.

"I feel familiar and great when I compete at the Water Cube. Though I did not have a good winter training session, I gain confidence from today's competition which is really competitive. I think I am getting ready for the World Championships and Olympic qualifier," He said.

Both enjoyed perfect last dive, Cao scored a day-high 98.80 for his 109C while Hausding scored a 97.50 for his 5156B.

"It was a brilliant and risky final dive. I took a risk by using 5156B in the final and it worth it! The total scores are very close to my personal best in the international events. I have competed in three events and got three medals. I am happy," Hausding said.

He ZiChen Aisen won the newly-added mixed 3m synchro springboard titles by stable dives while Jennifer AbelFrancois Imbeau-Dulac of Canada showed their highest difficult 5154B with 3.4 degree of difficulty and placed second in 319.71. Dolores HernandezRommel Pacheco of Mexico came to third in 293.10.

He Zi revealed she trained mixed synchro with Chen for about one month. "This event requires men diver reduce height and difficulties to work with women. It is not easy," He said.

Pacheco explained why he did not pair with Mexico's Diving Princess Paola Espinosa.

"Paola dives a lot on the platform and I jump on the springboard. Our synchronization of height and speed are totally different. It is a new event that we need to work more on it," Pecheco said.

Cornel Marculescu, FINA Executive Director, believes the mixed synchro events will attract more people and television.

"FINA want to modernize our aquatic sports. We have done the mixed races in swimming - mixed relay. In synchronizing swimming, we have mixed duet, and diving we have mixed synchro divers. I think it will benefit athletes. women and men compete together in other sports, why not us? It will be very interesting to see how we attract more people and television by adding the mixed events," Marculescu said.

The three-day World Series will come to an end on Sunday after men's and women's 10m platform and mixed synchro platform.

by Maria Spiliopoulou

RHODES, Greece, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- The World Public Forum "Dialogue of Civilisations" (Rhodes Forum) that has been held in the Greek island of Rhodes over the past decade building communication bridges across the globe, launches a new think tank to further contribute to the exchange of views for economic development and conflict resolution.

The announcement was made on Saturday during a press conference at the 13th Rhodes Forum by Vladimir Yakunin, president and co-founder of World Public Forum.

"Our organisation is about to embark on a period of major change and development. Having dedicated the last 13 years to promoting dialogue between different civilisations in the broadest sense, I now want to use this base to create a world class think thank that will make practical policy recommendations," Yakunin said.

The new research institute will focus on infrastructure as a possible basis for new economic development and conflict prevention, delivering the results of studies to the interested parties in real politics, NGOs and state organizations worldwide, he explained.

The Russian public thinker noted that . Wholesale Team Finland Jerseys Wholesale Team Czech Republic Jerseys Cheap USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Canada Hockey Jerseys Cheap Russia Hockey Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys Cheap San Jose Sharks Jerseys Wholesale Senators Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Freeman Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: